Inspiration + Design
Who doesn’t love a nice warm cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa in the morning? Especially on a cold winter day right? There’s hardly anything better than that.
This design was inspired by a customer asking me for a bulky order of mug cozies for her Christmas gift baskets. Of course I couldn’t say no. This design is meant to be super easy and beginner friendly for all those still learning the ropes. You will be enthused with how easy and quick this whips up!
Yarn + Hook
When I got the request to make mug cozies, I quickly picked up my Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn skein and my Furls 5mm Odyssey hook and went to work.
If you want to get your very own Furls Crochet Hook, click HERE
You could use cotton for this design if you are sensitive to acrylic yarns. Personally, I loved the way the acrylic blocks the heat from the mug a little better than cotton. If you choose to go with cotton, I recommend using Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Cotton yarn.
- Pin this pattern to your Pinterest board Here
- Save to your Ravelry Queue Here
- Printable PDF version of this pattern Here
The Wrap Me Up Mug Cozy is so simple and quick that you will be making one for everyone you know. it’s the perfect gift for all ages.
Approximately 50 yards of acrylic or cotton yarn is needed. I used Hobby Lobby’s I Love This Yarn.
- 5mm crochet hook
- 1″ button
- darning needle
14 HDC x 10 rows = 4″ x 4″
Abbreviations & Stitches used
- Ch = Chain
- HDC = Half Double Crochet Stitch
Ch1 does not count as stitch.
- Ch11, starting in the 2nd chain *3HDC in the next stitch, skip 2 chains* Repeat from * across. Ch1, turn your work. (12)
- Skip the first stitch, *3HDC in the next stitch, skip 2 stitches* Repeat from * across. Ch1, turn your work. (12)
- Repeat step 2 until you have 18 rows. Your work should measure 3.25″ wide x 9.5″ in length.
4. Loosely slip stitch in the next 5 stitches, Ch15, skip 1 stitch, slip stitch in the next 6 stitches. Tie off your work.
5. Sew on your 1″ button between the 1st and 2nd row.
6. Weave in all ends and enjoy your new mug cozy!